Thursday, October 7, 2010

RIGO 23 - Part II (The Primus)




Taxi Ride Ramallah

When I told the taxi driver I was from Portugal he got very excited and started telling me about his grandfather who had sold Primus Stoves from Portugal in Ramallah and always said that the best stoves came from Portugal. He then insisted on taking me on a diversion to the place his grandfather had worked and showed me all these stoves with Made in Portugal written in Arabic. He apologised for not taking me direct to the Art Academy but I said no problem. It had been really wonderful. I had learned something about my country that I never knew and I decided somehow to incorporate the stoves into the design of the mural. This taxi driver had started a whole process – a direction in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not use any accounts listed below, please select 'Name/URL' to comment. You can then type your name and leave URL blank (unless you want to link your own website). Thank you.